Saturday, August 04, 2007

Ryan Adams @ Red Rocks

Ryan Adams played Red Rocks last night w/ Lucinda Williams, Devotchka, Old 97's (love them!) and others as openers. A looong evening of music.

Old 97's had to start off w/o lead singer Rhett Miller because of flight delay issues, but he came running on stage in the middle of one of the songs and the crowd was so happy. He sang for "Timebomb" and "Murder or a Heart Attack." Yippeee!

Ryan Adams played w/ the Cardinals. He was well-behaved, even when he refused a request from a guy in the crowd for "New York."
"No," he said. Then added, "Because if I play that song then you'll all go home. And you'll go home and you won't take me. And if you do take me home, you won't like me. So. No."
There was a lengthy, lengthy encore ... I think 5 songs? At least? He tried out his 5-groan Red Rocks standup: ("If the wind picks up anymore, I'm really gonna storm off the stage! Then you'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place! It's all downhill from here! That's OK, this place rocks!")
He played despite having a major wedgie. ("It's been going on for quite a while," he said about midway thru)

No comments: