Thursday, January 03, 2008

fashion :: denver

Asha Monique, one of the designers from Frock Out Denver, expects to offer her designs at the Fabric Lab in Denver soon.

Here's one of the dresses she created for Frock Out Denver:




"I see this dress being worn by a trendsetter, a confident an sexy woman," Asha said. "If my client were invited to P' Diddy's White Party in the Hamptons, this is the dress I would make for her."

She answered some questions for us about her involvement with the competition.

How did you get involved with the competition?
My boss sent me an email for the call out for local designers.

How would you describe your design style?
Hip,Sexy,Urban,Easygoing!

Would you ever consider doing something like Project Runway?
Not any time soon, I am a much better designer then seamstress, and the time restraints are to crazy!

What do you think about that show?

I love it! I crave creative people around me, and that show is a window into what other designers are doing. It's inspirational, it makes me feel like a part of a really exciting community of talented people.

No comments: