Sunday, April 08, 2007

April 8 in Denver



More snow for Colorado.

Also, a few nights ago I checked out the chocolate bread pudding and rice pudding at Luca D'Italia by pastry chef Angela Yeung. It was a chilly night, so the warm bread pudding with chocolate sauce hit the spot. (The bread pudding wasn't mine but I took some anyway from the person sitting across from me, ha!) The rice pudding was served with blood oranges and basil leaves sprinkled on top, an interesting combination. There were two ameretti on the side, (light, crispy, sugary) were addictive! The crostada with ginger gelato is still on the menu, but it's pear instead of apple. I might try that next time.

The people one table over from us were excited to eat dinner at Luca D'Italia and were talking about trying Fruition, but they heard it was hard to get a table. Then they were talking about Sushi Hai, but I think Sushi Sasa is the hot new place to try.

No comments: