Thursday, November 09, 2006

Denver Starbucks

Hey, Denver: If you see a cabbie or someone else driving around town with a coffee cup on top of their car, stop and tell them, and you could get a free cup of Starbucks, according to the Seattle Times. It's part of Starbucks' holiday campaign. Details here

It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to vote on Tuesday. How 'bout you? I voted at the Denver Botanic Gardens, 8:28 p.m. I had chances to vote earlier in the day at the Wash Park Rec Center (but there were 300+ people in line) and Tattered Cover downtown (estimated wait, three hours), but decided not to get in line and just go after work instead. Two of my co-workers tried to vote Tuesday _ one even tried to go twice _ but they gave up on the long lines and never made it to cast a ballot. Little did I know, FairVoteColorado.org had posted online a list of vote centers with short lines. None of the ones with short lines were near where I live or work, but next election, I'll know what to do. If you believe the Denver Election Commission, tech problems should be fixed by the next election, so there shouldn't be such atrocious waits at any vote center anyway.

No comments: