Wednesday, March 07, 2012

TAG

Went to TAG for Denver restaurant week, the 2-week period when you can get 3 dishes, sometimes more, for a mere $26.40 per person or $52.80 per couple. The restaurant week experience probably doesn't really do TAG justice, because I'm sure the typical bill here is way more than $26.40 on a usual day. I got the pork shoulder (very tender) with kimchi mashed potatoes for my entree. Don't be scared of the kimchi. The typical sourness is barely noticeable with the potatoes. I had the sweetbreads for first course. I got the bread pudding for dessert, but folks, the fruit tart looked so good going out to other tables. SO get the tart. My tablemates were more timid about the menu and opted for vegetarian options, which again, probably doesn't really show off all TAG has to offer. The chicken entree option with pistachio puree looked really tempting, so if anyone had that, let me know how it was. My tablemates also got the chocolate/peanut butter bar, which looked rich, and they looked happy eating it. So there you go

No comments: