Saturday, February 28, 2009

Denver Restaurant Week, week #2

Dozens of restaurants agreed to extend Denver Restaurant Week by another week. Why, we can't figure, but we'll take it! Today we went to the Denver ChopHouse and Brewery, since entrees there can typically run for about the same price you'd pay for one of their prix fixe meals. By the way, if you're wondering, I saw a guy come in wearing a fleece vest and jeans, but there also was a woman who came in wearing high heel slingbacks and a fur coat. So wear whatever you feel comfortable with wearing in LoDo. Started out with a cup of tomato fennel bisque _ spicy! Definitely a kick. We tried both entree choices. The salmon with hollandaise sauce was quite tasty. I liked it way more than I thought I would. I could've done without the rice pilaf. Then the grilled buffalo and the pan-seared porcini crusted beef were both tasty, tender (cut it with a butter knife) and we had it medium rare, so it was quite juicy. With tasty white cheddar mashed potatoes. Both dishes came with sauteed asparagus. For dessert, an espresso walnut tort with maple crème frieche ice cream and a warm caramel sauce underneath. Yummy. The filling had that cooked brown sugar, egg mix. Mmm. We took an early seating, so it wasn't super busy. I prefer more of the neighborhood Denver places, but I'm glad I got to try this hot spot because the food tasted GREAT.

No comments: