Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rogue Wave does Denver

We are good clappers.
We are not good spellers.
That's the word from Zach Rogue of Rogue Wave, who played a full room at the Larimer Lounge just now. The crowd clapped out waltz time for a new tune. The band also played another new song, "Ghost." There was the rambunctious hoedown of "Medicine Ball."
"Bird on a Wire," "Catform," "Publish My Love," and "California" all got played, and "Every Moment." No "10:1" though.
Anyway, Denver's not so good with the spelling. Rogue Wave was playing with Ghosty and the Laylights, but you wouldn't know it from the LL's fliers, which advertised Rouge Wave with Ghostly.
There was an encore! A long one: There was solo Rogue on "Postage Stamp World," the whole band did lovely harmonies on the Beatles' "I'm Only Sleeping," and then ... shoot. There was a third song. I think it was "Love's Last Guarantee."
Ghosty is a pretty good band, by the way.
Man, it's been a while since I've been to the LL. They actually charged me at the door, I didn't recognize either of the doormen or bouncers, and instead of an '80s cash register there's a real computer with a touchscreen, just like at a real live bar! just kidding. I digress. It was a great show. I think Rogue Wave mighta had fun too. If the guy in front of me hadn't smelled so much like a fart, the show would've been perfect.

No comments: