Sunday, March 19, 2006

Snow day

Big snow day on the way. Get your groceries early today, say by early afternoon. It might be hard to get around once the snow starts flying, so here's a look at some recent DVDs that might be fun to rent once you're done building the snow igloo and need to snuggle inside with hot cocoa:

Hustle and Flow
Lost in Translation. (saw the film in the theater, but I heard the DVD's pretty good)
Moulin Rouge. I'll admit, I only kinda liked the movie, but when I saw all the extras on the DVD, with full uncut looks at the choreographed dances and with commentary from Baz Luhrmann on why he chose the songs he chose for the movie, etc, it made me appreciate the movie much much more. (And the web site is fun too. Click around until you get to "Toulouse Tonight" for interviews with cast/ crew conducted by John Leguizamo. Ha!
Spirited Away
Hero. Seen it, but the movie's beautiful!
Pride & Prejudice

Suggest others in the comments section

No comments: